News reel:

A newsreel was a form of short documentary film prevalent in the first half of the century. It was a source of news, current affairs and entertainment for millions (not that millions are viewing my blog). Newsreels are now considered significant historical documents.

Monday, June 13, 2011

2010-2011 School wrap up

So 2010-2011 school wrapped up for all of us and we are breathing in summer now.  Eugene and I finished the first week in May scoring all A's.  I was quite proud of us with everything we had going on and the classes we had on our plates.
Tate graduated preschool.  He was so cute in his cap and gown.  I would like time to go a little slower at times but I know I will be comparing this one to his High School graduation photo in no time at all.


We of course had to celebrate Teacher appreciation week.  Our kids had the most amazing teachers I loved them all and was so happy with the end results.  Things were a little hectic but I came up with an idea for a great gift and this is what I made.  I bought some empty paint cans at home depot.  (I think I was still on a kick from Easter with these adorable paint cans)  I filled them to the brim with salt water taffy and wrote a thank you note that read, "Thanks for painting my future bright."  We gave one to Tate's teacher and one to her assistant.  Since Cole started at Adams Elementary I have let him choose three teachers or faculty members that he would like to show his appreciation.  This year he chose (probably with a little influence from me) his awesome teacher Ms. Ermer, the secretary who we all knows holds the school together, and the principal Mr. Grunig.  I think they all played an intricate part in Cole's great first grade year so before we know it we will be on to 2011-2012 with Cole and Tate both at Adams Elementary.  Im not sure who is more excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment