News reel:

A newsreel was a form of short documentary film prevalent in the first half of the century. It was a source of news, current affairs and entertainment for millions (not that millions are viewing my blog). Newsreels are now considered significant historical documents.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Mine Valentine

Valentines is my least favorite holiday I have to admit.  It is because of the commercial hype associated with it.  I just don't think it is that meaningful to have a day that makes you show the person that you LOVE that you LOVE them.  A spontaneous out of the blue let me show you that I love you, that I am thinking about you gesture is just so much better.  That being said I will admit that I enjoy it a little more now that I have children.  I enjoyed making their Valentines.  I enjoyed seeing their excitement to take them to school and hand them out.  I enjoyed walking around our neighborhood delivering them to neighbors and friends.  I enjoyed watching them share in the LOVE in the gesture of giving.  I enjoyed chatting with my husband and snuggling.  So although I don't LOVE Valentines Day there were a lot of things that I did LOVE about that day.

1 comment:

  1. I used to feel that way about valentines too, but now days, i'm glad to have a holiday to remind me to tell my man I love him, Ok i know I should do it more, I guess I'm one of those people.

    ReplyDelete