News reel:

A newsreel was a form of short documentary film prevalent in the first half of the century. It was a source of news, current affairs and entertainment for millions (not that millions are viewing my blog). Newsreels are now considered significant historical documents.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Cards



This year I got this bright idea. I was going to make the kids Valentines this year and this is what I came up with.  I got craft paper in the post office section at Walmart around $2.50, traced and cut out what felt like a million hearts, and stitched them shut with the treat inside.  I made over 40 of these babies for Cole to take to his class, Tate to give to his teachers (they don't celebrate Valentines in his class but I didn't want him to feel left out), we made them for our neighbors, friends that the boys don't go to school with, and all the widows and widowers in the ward. It was a fun little project and I think that they turned out to be a bright idea. (one of the less intensive bright ideas I have had and Eugene will contest to that)

3 comments:

  1. They turned out so cute. What a nice idea to give them to the widows & widowers, very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times I think you are an overacheiver with so much on your plate... but the truth of the matter is you are doing service and teaching the boys about charity and service... good job mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention what an ambitious daughter and mother you are as well!!! You amaze me in so many ways!!! Love You, Mom

    ReplyDelete